Regrets? I've Had a Few

I regret that I didn't take the minutes to walk a block up the road 
to look at this front yard sooner.
Drove past frequently...but didn't take time to walk up with my camera this year.
Now it is defined more by what "had been" than what actually is.

On the way there, I stopped to admire these--
casually growing near the road around a utility pole.
What scrumptious colors!
I returned home to my OWN front yard
and noted a few maintenance chores awaiting me.
Maybe today before tomorrow's predicted heat?

5 comments:

  1. We are getting back into the 90's again too. A few days of respite and that's it.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, even at the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is something philosophical in your comments under the 1st picture. Maybe there can be beauty in all phases. Have a good week Rebecca. p.s. I responded to your question on by blog in comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the garden. Those colors are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Creekside Rummager. As soon as I was finished typing it, I realized it had triggered a thought for a "philosophical post for my Life and Godliness blog. (Then I received an award which I decided to go with first....)

    ReplyDelete