Re-Arranging

"Yeah.  THAT'S the one!"
Before he went to work this morning, I asked my husband
to remove that huge hosta.
I had a plan.
 One of our old, garage-sale-purchased chairs now sits comfortably
 in the shade of a large bush, trimmed to be a tree.
That being done, I turned my attention to one of our flower beds
looking for places to plant the uprooted hosta which I divided into FIVE!
 Till it was all over, I had quite a pile of weeds and foilage
trimmed back from the fading Surprise Lilies...
All-in-all, it was a satisfying way to spend
a few morning hours of  (is it already?)
one of the last days of spring 2013.
It looks a little fuller from THIS angle, doesn't it?
Oh, Marsha....(or anyone else who know).
I meant to ask if I'm cultivating a weed here (below).
Does ANYone know?

7 comments:

  1. Your re arranging looks great! Your mystery plant/weed is Tanacetum parthenium also known as Feverfew. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feverfew
    It seeds politely around my garden and is easily pulled if it comes up where you don't want it. I think it's a very pretty filler between bright colored flowers and foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! It all comes back to me now! I'm going to put THIS in my sidebar immediately so I don't ask again NEXT year :)

      Delete
  2. I too was going to tell you Feverfew. It is both a weed and a cultivated perennial, so it is up to you what you want to do with it. But like Outlaw said, it seeds really freely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember (vaguely) planting it now - Could there have been a medicinal connection that prompted me?

      Delete
  3. Everything looks quite nice there and it's always nice to have added sitting space.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even actually USED the newly added sitting space! Finished a George MacDonald book and enjoyed every minute of it!

      Delete
  4. The feverfew will keep blooming all summer if you keep it deadheaded. It makes a lovely filler for small bouquets and looks really nice planted around a pink Fairy Rose, with both blooming in tandem.

    ReplyDelete