Preparing the Way for Spring!

Our arbor had fallen twice during the winter months.  The second time we let it rest.  Yesterday was a g-l-o-r-i-o-u-s day of warmth and sunshine, so we spent some time in the yard.   Gary righted the arbor and braced it securely (he said).  Hopefully the rose bushes we transplanted last autumn will grow at either side this summer.
 
Saint Francis also spent a good part of the winter on his face.  While cutting off some of the dry flowers of sedum and coneflowers which we'd deliberately left standing in winter, we stood him up, too.  I corralled several rocks and stones that had wandered, tossed into the yard along with the snow when walks and driveway were cleared.

I fear I already see signs of a very active mole.  This is disappointing since we haven't found an effective way to eliminate these critters that do such damage to a lawn.  Oh well, I won't let that dampen the joy of being in the sunshine and following the invitation and promise of spring to be out and about in our flowerbeds.

3 comments:

  1. I have a "village" of moles, here on the property, Rebecca! So count your blessings! :)
    ♥ Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to see the roses on the arbor this summer, we have problems with moles too, and have yet found a way to get rid of them, but like you I am so glad just to be having warmer weather, and I have also been taking advantage of it. Thanks for sharing this lovely post.
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca!
    I'm so happy to meet you. I love that we both were at the women inspired webinar and are now meeting!

    I look forward to getting to know you better and read more of your blog.

    We have moles here as well. We've lived on this property ... oh 20 years now and never had them til last year. NOW we have LOTS! LOL

    I also have a St. Francis statue in my garden. Don't you just love him? Like Sue said, ... can't wait to see roses on your arbor. Do you spray your roses with something special because last year I kept getting spots on the leaves and then the blooms started looking pretty awful. I use a 3 in 1 pesticide spray that I buy at walmart but would love to find something more economical that I could mix up in a sprayer and use more often.

    Blessings to you, and have a great weekend!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete