Lake Walk

 I took advantage of the cool of the morning yesterday
 to stroll in the neighborhood
 surrounding the quiet lake
 where I had "overnighted" with friends.

 In spite of the dryness and heat of the past several weeks,
 my eyes found much to marvel about!
 This log cabin especially has drawn me in every time I visit McClish Lake--
a perfect destination and turn-around point for my strolls.
 (Need I say that I prefer a little bit of wildness in my landscape?)
 The pinks here were PERFECT in their placement.
I wish I could have captured the path a bit better
in the photo below....
There were a few more out-buildings or sheds I should have photographed, 
but the colors of this one were striking!
If you're interested in seeing some of the more unique mailboxes along the route,
I featured them on one of my other blogs....

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely well kept area you live in. The photos are great.

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only WISH I lived on the lake, Cher! Some friends and I were just spending the night at a lake cottage belonging to one of them. I was delighted to be invited again. It's been at least an annual event (sometimes more than once a year....).

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful walk! I love early morning walks - it's the best time to go. That log cabin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the log house looks charming and inviting. The area looks beautiful. Glad you had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the stroll today! A cabin on the lake is so soothing to me. I hope to one day call a place such as this home. Now I am off to check in on the mailboxes...

    ReplyDelete