Forest Park Boulevard Yards/Gardens



(Above) This is a silver maple tree - at least 200 years old, we were told!

 

(Above)  We learned the pink tree seen here and in another photo are beech trees.  
We saw several while on tour and thought them most attractive.



The day was hot and humid.  We navigated eleven of the twelve homes and gardens open to the public before the rain set in.  It was a lovely and local way to spend the morning.  Hampered by heat and encumbered by cane, phone (camera) and the housewalk program/ticket, I didn't begin to take photos of everything that caught my attention!



6 comments:

  1. You've shown some great highlights of this tour, very impressive considering your many encumberances! It's always a joy to see other gardens and how each gardener creates his/her vision of paradise. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh. Thanks for your visit. (I always feel like such a peon among REAL gardeners - but I DO love them so!

      Delete
  2. Such pretty gardens! I like the beech trees too and also that flagstone path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Places I would never see without you. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel as I've been lingering in the blogs showing the incredible gardens on the west coast.....Makes my own seem a bit ordinary, simple & small....but I bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm and appreciation back to my "reality" :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I love the water feature - thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete