June 4

 Things were looking a little shaggy here....
 so I went out and did some quick whacking, trying to beat the rain.
Several clumps of iris were pruned...
as was this wild raspberry (?) bush which had rambled quite long enough!

While carrying piles of plant debris across the yard, 
I passed some of our first roses and paused to photograph them
when I returned with empty arms.

Stepping toward the back patio steps,
I admired the delicate look of this unidentified bush-trimmed-tree-like.
And then came the rain!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for recovering enough to have some time to play in the garden! Things are looking good! I'm in love with the first two shots. Are those plow or tiller tines? What a cool way to edge the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband says "rotary hoe".... They've edged various beds here. Dangerous if accidentally tripped over!

      Delete
  2. Your yard is looking very pretty! It's been raining here today too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mari! We needed the rain - happy for it and hoping my friends' garden received enough to "count"!

      Delete
  3. I love those metal gears you have in front of the Stachys, where do they come from? I also have allowed some wild black raspberry to establish itself, I am struggling to find a way to keep it in bounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says the metal gears are from a farm implement - rotary hoe.
      I THOUGHT this raspberry was one of those small potted rose plants that you buy for indoors. I THOUGHT I'd transplanted it out there years ago. It has never budded out and I was giving it "one more year". I was wrong. I wonder if I'll have enough raspberries to top a bowl of cereal this year.....

      Delete