A Reluctant and Temporary Farewell

to early hosta flower...
first flower on last clematis vine to bloom...
spiderwort (that was shutting down for the evening)...
always the roses...
blossoms on unknown tree (too late for dogwood, I think)...
messy mulberry tree...
and unexpected iris, transplanted earlier after my North Carolina brother
gifted me with it...

Yesterday while my husband mowed the lawn, I cut back the dead leaves of early bulb flowers, divided and transplanted a bleeding heart bush, weeded various beds, and filled in parts of the new bed behind the shed with rocks and aanother transplanted hosta and a Rose of Sharon bush.

Tomorrow morning I'll leave for a week at the Abbey of Gethsemani in Kentucky.  Rumor has it that I won't have cell phone or internet access, so it appears I won't be able to transmit news or photos of the lovely scenery I will be enjoying.    I reluctantly leave our yard and garden but know they're in my good husband's capable hands.  I'll update Scene in our Garden when I return.

5 comments:

  1. We'll miss you and look forward to your return (and news of your retreat). I hope your week at the Abbey will fulfill all your hopes for the experience. The garden will be in good hands. Have a safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I think I will miss my garden friends as much (or more) than my garden, I fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels and a peaceful, fufilling retreat. It sounds like it is all coming together for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will come back with a new perspective of life and your garden ! You are lucky your husband will take over for you in the garden, bless you ! we will miss you so let us know when you get back, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a very safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete