We inherited a LARGE mulberry tree. It is an attractive tree - most of the time. About this time of year, it is annoying and messy! Last night, however, I served our guests this delicious cobbler. The recipe was the first that came up when I googled "Mulberry Cobbler". It was just delicious!
Crispy Mulberry Cobbler
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 c. mulberries
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c. butter or shortening
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Gently rinse mulberries in cool water. Combine the Tbsp. of flour and sugar in medium bowl and toss gently with berries.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in mixing bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add in egg; mix just enough to moisten.
- Grease 8-inch square baking dish. Fill with berry mix. Crumble topping over berries. Bake at 350 degrees till slightly golden, 30 to 35 min.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.